- The link below has information from the WV Higher Education Policy Commission for some scholarship opportunities. Please read through them and if you are eligible for any, fill out the application.
- Weirton Medical Center Medical Staff Scholarship: Gross family income must be less than $75,000.00/year (although in past years, they have told me to have students apply even if the income is above 75K – use your judgement on this one – if it was me, I would apply if I met the other eligibility requirements regardless of family income), minimum GPA of 3.0, entering college majoring in Pre-Med, Dentistry, or Pharmacy, must include an acceptance letter from the college or university that you will go to, letter of recommendation from HS teacher/counselor. Pick up a paper copy in my office. Due date is Tuesday, April 11. This is a quick turn-around time, so get on this one quickly if you are eligible. Someone WILL be awarded this scholarship – they give one to a senior in each Hancock/Brooke County HS.
- Weirton Area Rotary Club Scholarship: 1. must plan on attending a trade school or 4 year college, 2. must be a resident of Brooke or Hancock County, 3. must have demonstrated the essence of the motto of Rotary, i.e. “Service Above Self” by exemplary service to his/her school or community, 4. must have a 3.0 minimum GPA, 5. available to qualified students without regard to race, color, or creed, sex, age, or national origin. Please get a paper copy of the application in my office. Application with attachments must be postmarked or hand-delivered “on or before” Wednesday, April 19.
- Hancock County CEOS (Community Educational Outreach Service): 1. must be attending any institution of higher learning including trade schools in the fall, 2.to be used at recipient’s discretion to help defray the costs of continuing your education, 3. 2.5 minimum GPA, 4. must include a transcript, 5. must submit a 500 word essay entitled “Community Improvement Through Volunteerism”. Pick up a paper copy of this application in my office. Due date is NO LATER than Friday, APRIL 21.
This scholarship is worth $10,000 and applications begin on 3/31 and close on 4/28. Click on the link above to check it out. Below, please take a moment to learn a little more about this scholarship opportunity.
I just wanted to share an excellent scholarship opportunity my company (Chemours) sponsors every year for any women interested in STEM or technical/trade majors. Chemours is a Fortune-500 chemistry company, and is where I got my start as a mechanical engineering co-op at our Washington Works site in Parkersburg. Chemours is also where I work today and has provided me so many incredible opportunities. Their co-op program is the best I’ve seen, where I got 18 months of actual work experience before graduating from college. I want to make sure this gets distributed because I wish I knew more about engineering and career opportunities in manufacturing in high school. Also, I noticed you now have an organic chemistry teacher, so I’m assuming you may have some seniors interested in STEM majors.
Sarah (Mills) Dotson – Madonna alum
https://perrymanfoundation.org< Click on this link to find out more about some scholarships offered by the Perryman Foundation. It is the company where Mrs. Holmes’ husband Guy works. Mr. Holmes’ boss wanted to make sure that Madonna seniors have the chance to apply. Last year Morgan Owens was awarded one of these scholarships. Details & due dates are included in the link. Please let me know if you need anything from me to complete the application.
Phyllis Digirolamo Scholarship: sponsored by the Serra Foundation. $500 1. minimum 2.5 GPA, 2. must be attending a 2 year college pursuing an associates degree or a 4 year college, 3. must have a faith-based background/interest, 4. based on scholastic achievement, financial need, and leadership. Please pick up a paper copy of the application in my office. Completed applications along with all requiredattachments are due in my office by Tuesday, April 25.
Cecelia Serra Scholarship: sponsored by the Serra Foundation. $500 1. minimum 2.5 GPA, 2. must be attending a 2-year college pursuing an associate degree or a 4-year college, 3. Nursing must be the desired degree, 4. based on scholastic achievement, financial need, and leadership. Please pick up a paper copy of the application in my office. Completed applications along with all required attachments are due in my office by Tuesday, April 25.
Louis F. Serra Scholarship: sponsored by the Serra Foundation. $1000 1. minimum 2.5 GPA, 2. must be attending a 2-year college pursuing an associate degree or a 4-year college, 3. based on scholastic achievement, financial need, and leadership. Please pick up a paper copy of the application in my office.
Completed applications along with all required attachments are due in my office by Tuesday, April 25.
The due dates of the following scholarship application deadlines are creeping up! If you are working on these….GET THEM SUBMITTED ASAP:
- MARCH 31: BBB Canton/Regional/Greater WV Life Lessons Essay Contest
- Postmarked by April 1: GFWC WV – due to Dr. Esposito
- APRIL 1: Northern Panhandle Veterans Council Scholarship – you must submit 3 copies of this application
- MARCH 31: Helen T. Hamill Scholarship – this application needs to be turned in to me in my office – I will hand deliver them to Cove Presbyterian Church
- APRIL 1: Fort Steuben Daughters of the American Revolution essay – due via email to email@example.com
- APRIL 11: Betty M. Shaw/Evebelle Catlett Teacher’s Scholarship – must be pursuing a degree in Education – get a paper application from my office
- APRIL 14: Michael J. Smoljanovich – get a paper application from my office
- APRIL 14: Basils Sports Bar Student-Athlete Scholarship – application on-line at www.BasilsSportsBar.com – You need to get a principal nomination form from Mr. Rujak to complete this application
- APRIL 15: Tony Ruszkowski/Never Alone Memorial Scholarship – get a paper application from my office.
Fastweb Scholarship Search Engine: