The following activities have been announced for Madonna High School.
Sunday, January 29- In Our Parish
Kick off the week with Sunday Mass with your family. Wear your blue & gray representing MADONNA HIGH SCHOOL.
Monday, January 30- In Our Community
Wear your BLUE DON GEAR! We will be giving back to the community by donating educational materials & school items to the Weirton Christian Center. A competition between grade levels; Freshmen, Sophomore, Juniors & Seniors will take place to see which class can bring in the most items. The winning class will be rewarded! End of the day activity will be a basketball game.
Tuesday, January 31- In Our Students
Casual Dress! The day will start out with a prayer service with all students during homeroom. A visit from the MHS Homecoming Queen & King to St. Joe’s & St. Paul’s Schools to read to the preschoolers. During lunch, faculty will serve ice cream cups to the students.
Wednesday, February 1- In Our Vocations
Seniors wear BLACK ,
Juniors wear YELLOW
Sophomores wear RED
Freshman wear WHITE
Faculty wear PURPLE
All School Mass will be at 9:45 a.m. Grandparents of MHS students are invited to join the mass followed by refreshments in the MHS cafeteria until 11:15 a.m. End of the day activity will be a movie.
Thursday, February 2- In Our Nation
Wear red, white & blue! The Mayor of Weirton will be visiting MHS. End of the day activity will be musical chairs & best friend trivia.
Friday, February 3- In Our Faculty & Staff
Wear NFL, College or MHS Sports Shirt! Faculty will be treated to lunch to show the appreciation we have for them always MAKING A DIFFERENCE in the lives of our students.
Dress Code for Catholic Schools Week –
- Students choosing not to dress according to the theme must be in regular dress code or demerits may be issued.
- Clothing that advertises drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or offensive or anti-Christian messages may not be worn.
- Pants with holes in them or that hang below the waist may not be worn.
- Skirts and dresses must be no more than three (3) inches above the knee.
- Shorts must reach to a least finger length as determined in the standing position.
- Halter-tops, tank tops, midriff tops or sundresses are not permitted.
- Tight-fitting clothing such as yoga pants are not permitted unless a long shirt covering to mid-thigh is worn.
- Shirts showing midriffs or cleavage or see-through clothing are not permitted.
- For safety reasons, flip-flops or other open back footwear may not be worn.
Any questions, please refer to the student handbook.